Why Should I Exhibit at Gateway to Africa - Ready to Wear, Shoes & Leather Exhibition?
- The leather sector plays a major role in the Africa's global economy, with an estimated global trade value of approximately $100 billion per year.
- Meet with amazing African designers who create high-end fashion for the entire world market. Partner with African counterparts and enjoy the creativity of international “Fashion made in Africa”.
- Meet African and international industry players, explore partnerships and business opportunities to build long-term partnerships. Be a member of decision-makers of the sector.
- Fashion is big business in Africa as well: the combined apparel and footwear market in sub-Saharan Africa is estimated to be worth US$ 31 billion.
- Fashion retail is still at a very early stage in sub-Saharan Africa: Africa’s retail environments are some of the toughest in the world, given that 95% of the landscape is still made up of traditional trade outlets.
- The African continent accounts for only about 16% of the vast global textiles market, valued at $1.9 trillion in 2021, while Asia-Pacific accounts for almost 60%.
- Gateway to Africa - Ready to Wear, Shoes & Leather Exhibition expects many exhibitors from East Africa, the Middle East and Asia and about 3,500 wholesalers, retailers, chains, manufacturers and dealers from East and Central Africa.
- In 2050, the global clothing sales are anticipated to exceed 160 million tonnes, driven by market expansions in Asia and Africa, more than 3 times the amount of clothing sold now.
Africa, with a population of 1 billion and 340 million people, is anticipated to reach 1 billion and 700 million with an increase of 25.9 percent in 2030. The continent stands out as a significant market gaining importance worldwide each passing day.
Ready to Wear
- Ready-to-Wear (Women’s-Men’s-Children’s)
- Evening Gowns
- Purses, Bags & Wallets
- Wedding Dresses
- Groom Suits
- Haute Couture
Shoes & Leather
- Women’s-Men’s-Children’s Footwear
- Sports Shoes and Sneakers
- Safety Footwear
- Military Footwear
- Purses & Bags & Wallets, Belts, Travel Bags
- Foundations, Federations, Associations and Chambers